Mashable – New York, N.Y. – Production Manager, Editorial Video
June 2015 – Apr. 2016
- Helped grow production team from five producers/editors/motion graphics animators to more than 20 in under
6 months, increasing original video production to over 250 editorial videos/month at mashable.com/videos.
- Oversaw all videos produced, directed strategy for how to publish across all channels, owned and distributed.
- Purchased/managed all production gear, including initial $80K purchase of cameras, lighting and sound gear.
- Produced, shot and edited original videos, including news, comedy, viral and pieces for Facebook Live.
Videolicious – New York, N.Y. – Director of Video Evangelism
Aug. 2013 – June 2015
- Collaborated on development and strategy for startup mobile video editing platform Videolicious
- Managed training of journalists in partner newsrooms such as N.Y. Times, Washington Post and L.A. Times
Columbia Alumni Association – New York, N.Y. – Asst. Director for Digital Outreach
Sept. 2012 – Aug. 2013
Caixin Media – Beijing, China – Multimedia Editor/Producer
Sept. 2011 – July 2012
TIME Magazine/TIME.com – New York, NY – Multimedia Intern/Contributor
Sept. 2010 – July 2011
- Shot, edited and produced video & multimedia pieces for TIME Video
Columbia Graduate School of Journalism – New York, NY – Adjunct Professor
Sept. 2010 – Present
- Teach courses in digital media including video, photo, interactives and social media
- Web editor & advisor for Knight Foundation-sponsored News21 Project – news21.com/columbia/2011
Sun Yat-sen University – Guangzhou, China – Visiting Lecturer
Sept. 2011 – Dec. 2011
- Taught multimedia production course to journalism majors at the School of Communication and Design
Columbia Graduate School of Journalism – New York, N.Y. – Digital Media Fellow
June 2009 – June 2010
- Worked closely with faculty and technology staff to teach and expand digital media in the school’s curriculum
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism – New York, N.Y.
M.S., New Media Concentration, Graduated May 2009
- Focused on digital video and data journalism, reporting/editing for digital publications
University of Colorado – Boulder, Colo.
B.A., Triple major in Chinese, History and Asian Studies, Graduated May 2005
LegalView.com – Denver, Colo. – Content and SEO Manager
May 2007 – Jan. 2010
- Online content editor for a large legal information website, oversaw a staff of 8-10 copywriters
- Content/search engine optimization (SEO) manager; retained over 40K unique page views/week
TellSell Consulting – Frankfurt, Germany – Market Researcher/Analyst
Sept. 2005 – Aug. 2006
- Coordinated international research project on broadband technologies for a leading German consulting firm
- Production: Adobe CS6 including Premiere/After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator + Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools
- Well-versed in online content management systems including Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla!
Intermediate Mandarin Chinese (普通话)
Duy Linh Tu, Digital Media Coordinator, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism
Craig Duff, former Director of Multimedia, TIME Magazine/TIME.com
Xin Li, former managing Editor, Caixin – China Economics and Finance